Re: [Xen-devel] add_to_VCPUs_params_live regression in xend 4.1+ XenAPI

On Sun, 26 May 2013, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

I know xend is marked as `deprecated', but the fact is there's no successor
when it comes to XenAPI on various systems at the moment. Can this be
reverted and maybe pulled-up?

'xapi' toolstack is the successor, and it has a proper XenAPI implementation.
xend never had proper xenapi implementation.

As I said, I know xend is deprecated, but xapi doesn't seem to be available
as a standalone solution without all the XCP eco-system on the OS we use aka
Debian (and probably others).
Thing is, while XCP is a superb solution itself, it doesn't go well with
specific network architectures as it want (at least on Debian) to have
control on bridges, which we cannot allow as we bring a bridge up on
initrd in order to boot up dom0's from PXE on a dedicated bridge. Any idea
would be welcome though...

Note I'd be glad to use xapi instead of a deprecated solution, but as of
today it just can't fit on our environment.

There are many distros out there which haven't yet moved neither to xapi,
nor even to Xen 4.2, and they will eventually be bitten by that bug, which
is very trivial to fix, thus my request.

Thanks,

Emile `iMil' Heitor .°. <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org,gcu.info}>
                                                                _