Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] DomU sees only 512MB RAM with PCI-passthrough

Christian Holpert <christian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>At 13:13 25.05.2013, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
>>Please don't drop the xen-devel from the email. I am putting it back.
>
>OK.
>
>> > as written before: your patch is not working for me.
>>
>>I must have missed your previous email. When did you send it?
>
>http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/283697#283697
>
>> > Even worse: when I create the domU it simply dies before running
>> the kernel.
>>
>>How so? Can you get the console output if you boot it with
>'earlyprintk=xen"
>
>How do I do that exactly?
>
>>Hm, the E820 with 512MB looks to be the same as you posted earlier.
>>Are you sure you are using the same exact kernel you did last time?
>
>I did some more tests:
>
>With your patch I can boot a 32bit domU (dom0 is 64bit) with 512MB.
>Any more will silently crash as described.
>xl dmesg shows (last lines):
>(XEN) mm.c:864:d8 Non-privileged (8) attempt to map I/O space 00020000
>(XEN) mm.c:5317:d8 ptwr_emulate: could not get_page_from_l1e()
>
>I can boot a 64bit domU with 2GB of RAM without problems with your
>patch and PCI is working. Just tried that out. I might be going to
>64bit for my dom0 and have that solved for me.
>
>Christian

For the earlyprintk=xen just add it along with the xencons_...

I must admit I hadn't  tested the 32bit in a while so you might be hitting
another bug. When I get back on Monday to the office  I will try it out.
Thanks!
--
Sent from my Android phone. Please excuse my brevity.