Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] xen forum

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 11:41 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
> > Any chance of the multi-device syntax also being patched into xm for 4.3?
>
> I think at this point it's unlikely.  Even if we had the patches, it's
> too late in the release process to risk introducing a bug to implement
> this feature.

Also since xend/xm is now deprecated (and has been since 4.2) I'm not
sure adding new features would be appropriate.

> There is an all-purpose work-around, however.  Basically all of the
> device options are parsed from the config file and then transmuted
> into qemu command-line parameters.  There's a field in the config file
> that allows you to pass in a string of options directly.  If you
> wanted to add more usb devices, you can do something like this:
>
> extra="-usbdevice $dev1 -usbdevice $dev2"

Do you really mean "extra", I thought that was for extra bits tacked
onto the PV kernel command. Maybe it has this alternative meaning for
HVM guests though?

Under xl this option is "device_model_args". Not sure if xm had an
equivalent, dmargs rings a vague bell though.

Ian.