Re: [Xen-devel] I want to add a Xen driver and it doesn't look completely trivial given the current driver architecture - any advice?

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 15:37 +0530, Pankaj Biswas wrote:
> hi Team,
>

> Can you help me here. because the Xen driver is not mutually exclusive
> with their Linux driver,
>
> because I think the ability to detect Xen depends on it first finding
> that it is running on Linux.

I'm afraid I cannot parse the above, but:

In a Xen system the majority if the drivers are handled by guest
domains, often the domain 0 kernel, and not by the hypervisor. In other
words usually a standard Linux driver will be sufficient and no special
Xen code is required.

What sort of device are you working with?

Ian.