Re: [Xen-devel] Occasional clock/time problems on HVM domU after live migrate on Xen 4.2.{1, 2}

Ian,

--On 29 April 2013 10:54:38 +0000 Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does this work with Xen unstable? (IOW can we isolate this to an
upstream bug or a backporting bug/lack of a fix)

That's a good question. And given this appears /more/ reproducible
(for once) with xl command line than with our own code, it should
be easy to find out.

I'll also get this tested against release 4.2.2.

Sorry about the extended delay. My colleague Diana Crisan has
replicated this problem on 4.3-rc1 and release 4.2.2, and has sent
three emails to this list describing three related problems
more fully than I did. We think it's something to do with ACPI
handling.

The subject lines are:
* HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM causes stuck system clock with ACPI
* HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM loses ACPI data in xenstore
* Early ACPI events prevent subsequent ACPI functionality on xen 4.3 + HVM domU

--
Alex Bligh