Re: [Xen-devel] [XenARM] Question about booting parameter of Mini-OS for ARM

On May 7, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 11:40 +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 May 2013, Chen Baozi wrote:

>>> I'm thinking of parsing the dtb and fill the start_info structure
>> according to it before jump to the start_kernel. In that case, it
>> won't break some original mini-os interface.
>
> If you go this path then trying to do it in arch_init would be
> preferable. Nothing in start_kernel before arch_init seems like it
> should need start info.
>
> This is effectively what we do for Linux guests too -- populate a stunt
> start info early on.
>
>> You can try that, or you can refactor the code dividing it into x86
>> specific and common stuff.
>
> There is bound to be a bunch of this sort of refactoring required, just
> because mini-os in practice has only really supported x86 until now and
> even with the best intentions arch specific stuff tends to leak out
> unless you are actively using something on multiple arches.
Yes. Right now I'm testing "make" to complete the "infrastructure" headers and
interfaces that arm64 needs. It turns out that it lacks some basic type
definition such as "uint64_t", which is introduced from headers files of xen
hypervisor. I checked x86's implementation. Those types are defined at
include/public/arch-x86/xen-x86_32.h. If we follows x86's convention, we should
define them in xen hypervisor's tree. I don't think it is a good idea. Any
ideas?