Re: [Xen-devel] need more reviewers!

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 14:16 +0100, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to encourage the many contributors of the Xen project to do
> more code reviews.
>
> In fact not being a maintainer doesn't mean that your code reviews are
> useless, on the contrary!
> Not only your reviews help the (overworked) maintainers doing theirs,
> but also it is the fastest way to build up reputation, trust and
> eventually become a maintainer yourself.

As a maintainer I would just like to reiterate that reviews by anyone at
all are greatly appreciated and help reduce my burden. Obviously the
amount by which it reduces the burden (i.e. how much review I can avoid
doing myself) depends on the "reputation" of the reviewer in my mind,
but the way that reputation is built up is by reviewing stuff. I'm sure
other maintainers operate on similar principals.

> I would encourage you to make use of the Reviewed-by tag

Yes.

[...]
> Some sub-projects need more reviewers than others, in particular I
> would encourage contributors to review patches to:
>
> tools/libxl
> xen/arch/x86
> xen/common

For this one I was wondering if a policy of Acks from all the arch
maintainers being sufficient for a common code change would work?

There are some obvious cases here which have been coming up a lot
recently, like x86 code becoming common so it can also be used ARM.

Ian.