Re: [Xen-devel] blktap, qdisk, xl cd-eject, and xencommons

>>> On 30.04.13 at 12:02, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To address these issue for 4.3, I would like to propose:
>
> 1. Have libxl default to qdev for everything, except for things that it
> needs blktap for (like vhd, IIRC)

Everything? I.e. even raw disks? I thought those go through
blkbk...

> 2. Simply remove the hard-coded modprobe from xencommons
>
> 3. Add code into libxl to do modprobe-ing as part of the "does this
> system support blktap" check.
>
> But I think #3 can probably wait until 4.4.

Can it? How would 1 work for "things that it needs blktap for"
if it doesn't first make an attempt to load the driver? And if it
needs to load the driver, it can as well be done as part of the
"does this system support blktap" check.

Jan