Re: [Xen-devel] Implementing mem-access for PV guests

Given that  64-bit PV already takes a performance hit from syscalls, I would
rather not taken the added hit with shadow PTs.

> > I am interested in getting this to work for PV guests so I was
> > wondering how much extra work that would be. I can definitely help out
> > with this effort.
>
> I think you'd have to take a good look at the hypercall interface -- PV guests
> have more ways of causing the hypervisor to read and write memory for
> them (e.g. the MMU ops) which wouldn't be intercepted by shadow PTs.
> It certainly ought to be possible, though.

OK, I will take a look at the hypercall interface. Does any shadowing come in
to the picture with a PV guest when using a modern pv_ops?

Thanks,
Aravindh