Re: [Xen-devel] XSA-36 / howto fix broken IVRS ACPI table

>>> On 24.04.13 at 22:03, Hans Mueller <mcbeagle@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The question is whether the missing/disabled northbridge IOAPIC is a valid
> setup or might/will it raise any problems.

The setup is certainly valid, but of course not optimal (just because
interrupt sharing is generally not optimal).

>> The same physical IRQ being shared by multiple devices is entirely
>> independent of XSA-36, and if your Dom0/DomU kernels can't cope
>> with that they are what need fixing.
> Is it obvious that such problems are not caused by the missing northbridge
> IOAPIC? I would then provide related details in a new thread.

First of all, I would assume that even before that change the
NB IO-APIC wasn't actually used either. But if it was, then
suppressing its use of course would increase IRQ sharing and
hence more readily expose eventual bugs in the kernel(s) you
use.

Jan