Re: [Xen-devel] blktap3: libxl complaining when a domain gets destroyed

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 12:46 +0100, Thanos Makatos wrote:
> I'm testing blktap3 and when I destroy a domain via "xl destroy 21" I
> get the following behaviour: "xl destroy 21" seems to pause for a
> couple of seconds and then spits out the following:
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:882:device_backend_callback: unable to
> remove device with path /local/domain/0/backend/vbd3/21/51712
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1453:devices_destroy_cb: libxl__devices_destroy
> failed for 21
> Apart from these messages, the domain seems to be correctly destroyed
> and there aren't any leftovers in XenStore. I'm able to successfully
> start and stop the domain multiple times. What is libxl complaining
> about?

does xl -vvv destroy give any more hints?

The message results from a failure in the call
libxl__ev_devstate_wait(...XenbusStateClosed). Perhaps blktap3 is
cleaning up a bit too diligently and removing something which the
toolstack expects to cleanup?

Ian.