Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update CODE FREEZE HAS_BEGUN

On 16/04/13 13:37, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2013-04-16 at 13:22 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
This information will be mirrored on the Xen 4.3 Roadmap wiki page:
  http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Roadmap/4.3

At this point, code will begin freezing.

This means that every patch will need an exception to be accepted.  The
bar for acceptance will be relatively low this week, but will continue
to raise until the May 6th code freeze.

The key goals we're focusing on now, in order, are as follows:
  1. Have a bug-free 4.3 release
  2. Have an awesome 4.3 release
  3. Have a 4.3 release that happens on schedule (ready by June 15th)

So my goal right now is to ensure, to the best of my ability, that:
  1. No new bugs are introduced that will not be discovered before the
  release
  2. If no code is added, then either:
            ^new?

Er, not sure how that got past the proofreading... yes, it should say:

2. If new code is added, then either:
 - It does not cause the release to slip
 - If it causes the release to slip, then it was worth the cost.

* Install into /usr/local by default
   owner: Ian Campbell

Great, thanks.

 -George