Re: [Xen-devel] pv-grub will cause page fault if build with flag -fstack-protector

Ian Campbell, le Tue 16 Apr 2013 12:18:59 +0100, a écrit :
> > Actually we can't really support it, because the code introduced by
> > gcc, [...] is host-dependent,
>
> I didn't know about this. Does this not affect the hypervisor itself
> too?

Yes.

> I don't see any stack protector disabling going on there. Maybe I'm
> looking in the wrong places.

Probably:

./Config.mk:EMBEDDED_EXTRA_CFLAGS := -nopie -fno-stack-protector
-fno-stack-protector-all
./xen/arch/x86/Rules.mk:$(call
cc-options-add,CFLAGS,CC,$(EMBEDDED_EXTRA_CFLAGS))

> > The solution would be to use a separate host triplet, but
> > we ended up avoiding doing it due to the introduced complexity.
>
> Right. I've occasionally flirted with implementing the separate triplet
> but it's a lot of pieces to get right (binutils etc etc).

Yes.  That was mostly why we dropped the support I had initially
written.

Samuel