[Xen-devel] Hackathon idea: domU return code

Hi,

A big question that we get often asked as Ganeti team is: could you
report the reason why an instance is down? In particular people would
love to know whether an instance was shut down by the user from
inside, crashed (and perhaps why), or was shutdown from the Xen side.
It would be great if Xen could report this information somehow to a
monitoring system.

Currently a colleague of mine has found some of this information in
the Xen logs, and also a patch floating on the list that was never
merged. Is anybody coming to the Dublin Xen Hackathon in May willing
to help on this (either mentoring one of us to get the change
done&merged or doing the change while we implement the ganeti
reporting side of it)?

Thanks a lot!!

Guido