Re: [Xen-devel] Any plan to support disk driver domain?

> I have submitted a patch adding libxl support for block backend domains -
> the
> latest version is:
>
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg01172.html
>
> This has been tested with Linux in-kernel blkback; you just have to disable
> libxl's
> own hotplug execution option and the default (Linux) hotplug scripts will
> connect
> the device. I assume freebsd support can be done similarly, although perhaps
> it
> requires a helper in the domU?
>
> --
> Daniel De Graaf
> National Security Agency

Wow! That's amazing, Daniel.
This looks exactly match my intention.
I would definitely have a try some day.
Some questions first before I kick of my trial:
1.  Your link points to the first one of a patch series. Can I assume
that this is the only one relevant?
2. I guess the hotplug option you mentioned is "run_hotplug_scripts".
And you suggests to set it to false.
    Could you share some insight about this option? I have no idea
what it does and why this should be changed.
3. You mentioned some kind of helper is required in the driver domU to
help setting things help.
    What kind of setup is expected to be handled by this helper? I
really have no idea how the whole system hooks up.

Thanks,
Timothy