Re: [Xen-devel] Installing Windows Server 2012 on Xen 4.2.1

> > Whenever I start the DomU, I get the quick windows flag splash, then a
> > text error message:
> >
> > Your PC needs to restart.
> > Please hold down the power button.
> > Error Code: 0x0000005D
> > Parameters:
> > 0x00000000178BFBFF
> > 0x0000000020000800
> > 0x0000000000000000
> > 0x0000000000000000
> >

> If that's a regular bug check code, then 0x5D is:
>
> "
> Bug Check 0x5D: UNSUPPORTED_PROCESSOR
> The UNSUPPORTED_PROCESSOR bug check has a value of 0x0000005D. This
> indicates that the computer is attempting to run Windows on an
> unsupported processor.
>
> Cause
> Windows requires a higher-grade processor than the one you are using.
> "
>
> What sort of CPU are you running on? I would think that anything that runs
> Xen should also run 2012 so it's a bit of a mystery.

A bit of googling for bug check 0x5D 2012 brought up these articles:

http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=316480
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX135255

the latter of which says you should turn on No-Execute Memory Protection in
your BIOS... maybe that will help?

James