Re: [Xen-devel] Time Skewing on Windows XP

On 3/14/2013 11:34 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 14.03.13 at 17:21, Suravee Suthikulanit <suravee.suthikulpanit@xxxxxxx>
wrote:
On 3/14/2013 11:06 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 14.03.13 at 16:16, Suravee Suthikulanit<suravee.suthikulpanit@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I finally traced the issue back to the patch that this first happened.  This
bug started in the patch :

H86/HVM: assorted RTC emulation adjustment (w/ git commit id
620d5dad54008e40798c4a0c4322aef274c36fa3)

I believe there are some issues with the changes in rtc_ioport_read in the
arch/x86/hvm/rtc.c and in the pt_update_irq().
One thing you may want to try is remove the call from REG_C
read to rtc_timer_update() again - on a second thought it may
be wrong to do it here, as (other than check_update_timer()
and alarm_timer_update()) the function doesn't change with
RTC_PF getting cleared (i.e. I may have wrongly added the call
in analogy to the other two).
If I do the followings, things start working again:
1. remove the rtc_timer_update() in the rtc_ioport_read()
2. Revert back the "rtc_periodic_cb()" and remove the
"rtc_periodic_interrupt()"

What was the purpose of changing the "rtc_periodic_cb()" to
"rtc_periodic_interrupt()" ?
The main point was to be able to call rtc_toggle_irq() from that
function (to get RTC_IRQF properly set), instead of
pt_update_irq() doing only the IRQ deassert/assert pair.

So removing just the questionable call to rtc_timer_update()
doesn't help?

Jan
Removing just the call to "rtc_timer_update" causes XP failed to boot and hanged. It seems like it did not get the right timer interrupt it was looking for.

Suravee