Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-linus test] 16982: regressions - FAIL [and 1 more messages]

xen.org writes ("[linux-linus test] 16982: regressions - FAIL"):
> flight 16982 linux-linus real [real]
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~xensrcts/logs/16982/
>
> Regressions :-(
>
> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> including tests which could not be run:
>  test-amd64-i386-xl            9 guest-start           fail REGR. vs. 12557

So looking at this one, the guest got this far:

[    0.939337] NX-protecting the kernel data: 3500k
mount: mounting none on /dev failed: No such device
W: devtmpfs not available, falling back to tmpfs for /dev

And then it stopped until the debug output collection started.

Is this likely to be an incompatibility between this kernel and the
initramfs I'm using ?

> test-amd64-amd64-pv           5 xen-boot             fail REGR. vs. 12557

This seems to be the host not finding its network driver because of
this:

  Mar  3 14:21:04.141787 [   29.101851] bnx2: Can't load firmware file
"bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw"
  Mar  3 14:21:04.214205 [   29.112678] bnx2: Can't load firmware file
"bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw"

This problem is coming back to me now: it's because newer kernels need
newer firmware files, and the test system currently has no way to
download a newer firmware.  This was discussed here the last time I
tried these Linux upstream tests and an approach was suggested.  So I
turned the tests off but I got distracted before I could implement the
change.

I'm going to turn the tests off again but this time I will make a
better note of what needs doing.

Ian.