Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-4.2-testing test] 16774: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 01.03.13 at 13:02, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [qemu-upstream-4.2-testing test] 16774:
> regressions - FAIL"):
>> >  test-i386-i386-xl-qemuu-winxpsp3  7 windows-install       fail REGR. vs.
>> > 15122
>>
>> So this has now been failing for almost a week, and I don't think
>> I've seen anything being done about it. With 4.2.2-rc1 planned
>> for (hopefully) early next week, may I ask that the patch set
>> causing the regression be either reverted or fixed soonish?
>
> I think as the person in charge of the stable trees that is your
> decision to make.  But I agree that it should be reverted.  Do you
> know exactly which commits are involved ?

There was a batch of 6 patches committed about a week ago.
Which of them is causing the problem I don't know (and don't
care much, as I believe the patch set is of use only if all of them
are there).

As to reverting or fixing - I wanted to give Stefano and Anthony
a chance to fix if that's doable, and fall back to reverting
otherwise. But of course that first of all requires that at least
one of them responds...

And then I wouldn't want to be messing with the qemu tree when
Stefano is in charge of it, so I would still expect him to do the
revert if needed.

Jan