[Xen-devel] time periods of no resource re-assignment

Bjorn,

in the context of dealing with the final part of a long known security
issue on Xen, I'd appreciate if you could help me understand
under what conditions (or at which times) MMIO resources for PCI
devices can get re-assigned in Linux. Or really I'm in need to know
under what conditions there won't be any resource re-assignment
(i.e. we particularly need the BARs to be stable that cover the
MSI-X table and the Pending Bit Array).

Right now I'm intending to send the hypervisor a respective
notification in the context of xen-pciback's probe function, after
having called pci_enable_device(). Can you confirm that at this
point, and until the driver lets go of the device again, resources
won't get re-assigned? Or if not, can you suggest a better point
in time for sending such a notification, or additional steps we
may need to take in order to ensure resource stability?

Thanks a lot, Jan