Re: [Xen-devel] The different between map_pages_to_xen and mfn_to_virt

>>> On 25.02.13 at 21:41, Xinxin Jin <xinxinjin89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have some confusion about the purpose of the two functions.
> map_pages_to_xen is to map machine page range in Xen virtual address space.
> mfn_to_virt() is to convert between machine frame number and xen-heap
> virtual address. So what is the difference? When I need to map some machine
> pages to Xen space, which function should I use? Thanks,

You describe the difference yourself - one function establishes a
mapping, while the other only does a translation assuming that
the 1:1 mapping for the given MFN was already established (at
boot time, or during memory hotplug processing).

Jan