[Xen-devel] direct PIO/MMIO access

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gábor PÉK <pek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:31:55 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 16:32:29 +0000

Hi all,

I would like to access the configuration registers of my passthrough
device from my HVM guest under Xen 4.2 via MMIO/PIO directly. Is there
any option for this in the config file of the guest? I know about the
ioports=[''] option for PIO accesses, but is there any way to do the
same with MMIO BAR registers? As far as I know the permissive flag works
only for PV guests. Does the ioports option allow direct access to
config space (0xcf8-0xcfc)? According to in xen/arch/x86/trap.c it is
not allowed.

    /*
     * Port 0xcf8 (CONFIG_ADDRESS) is only visible for DWORD accesses.
     * We never permit direct access to that register.
     */

What about Dom0?

Thank you!
-gabor