Re: [Xen-devel] State of GPLPV and Windows 8

In the meantime I disabled hibernation (powercfg.exe -h off) and it seems to work now. Which revision from your repo do you wish to be tested? I am interested in testing, but my time is somewhat limited - I cannot make any promise.

As I said in my original post, rev956 works quite well with its core operations: net IO and disk IO.

Regards Andreas
James Harper <mailto:james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Tuesday, 12. February 2013 23:19

I have only tested with Windows 2012 but it shouldn't be any different to 8. My testing was pretty much limited to 'does it boot' testing, but I don't recall having any problems with shutdown or anything.

Are you interested in trying the very latest version? I've been doing a fairly major update in the way the child devices talk to the bus driver and it is now at a point where everything should be working but I haven't done a lot of testing yet.

James
Andreas Kinzler <mailto:ml-xen-devel@xxxxxx>
Tuesday, 12. February 2013 14:38
What is the state of GPLPV and Windows 8? I am currently running tests with Windows 8 and GPLPV rev956 and operations (disk IO, net IO) look good. There seems to be a problem with shutdown/reboot where Windows hangs somewhat and displays a warning about improper shutdown on next reboot.

Regards Andreas