Re: [Xen-devel] [V2] xen-netback notify DomU to send ARP.

On Mon, 2013-01-21 at 13:49 +0000, Jason Luan wrote:
> ä 2013å01æ21æ 20:23, Ian Campbell åé:
> > Which Linux did you test? pvops or something based on the classic-Xen
> > patches?
>
> Which Linux, you meaning is which distribution or which version? I have
> tested Unbreakable Linux
> on v2.6.18, v2.6.32(need one frontend patch) and v2.6.39, Ubuntu 11.04
> on v3.2.0-35.
>
> i misunderstand "pvops or something based on the classic-Xen patches?" ,
> Would you like to give
> me detailed explanation?

There are two main "ports" of Xen to Linux, the "classic-Xen" patches
are the original XenoLinux port (CONFIG_XEN as a purely compile time
option) while pvops is the port which eventually went upstream (dynamic
runtime detection of Xen). The frontends differ between the two as well.

Some distros are still based on the classic-Xen patches, and obviously
distros released more than a few years ago (i.e. predate pvops) are too.
So I was curious if you had tested a kernel of this type as well as the
pvops kernel.

Ian.