Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, and stock-taking

On 17/01/13 16:14, Jan Beulich wrote:
And to be clear - unless someone manages to eliminate the "conceptually wrong" argument above, I'm intending to veto any changes that violate the model set by the specification. Jan

Just for my information, could you describe what you think is "conceptually wrong" about leaving boot services for dom0? I would consider Xen+dom0 to be two halves of the "Xen system", and so leaving boot services on until dom0 gets a chance to fix up quirks doesn't seem to me any different than leaving it on when booting to Linux directly. If the spec doesn't explicitly say "hypervisor", then I would think "kernel" in a Xen system would conceptually include both Xen and dom0.

 -George

(And sorry for responding 3 times to the same mail!)