Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update, and stock-taking

On 17/01/13 15:54, Daniel De Graaf wrote:
On 01/16/2013 12:55 PM, George Dunlap wrote:
Below is a summary of the projects / features being worked on for the 4.3
time frame.  The tentative feature freeze is scheduled for 25 March, which
is just over 2 months away.  With that in mind, I think it's time to take
stock of the development, so we know whether to ask for more help or divert
resources.

To that end, I've added a line called "prognosis", indicating the
likelihood of completion in the 4.3 timeframe.  For items involving code
hosted on the Xen.org site (including qemu-xen), that means a likelihood of
having the feature code-complete and mostly working by the feature freeze.
(It's OK if there are still bugs to be worked out.)  For items in Linux, I
think it would mean having items on track to make it into the kernel
released just after the scheduled 4.3 time frame.  Not sure what that means
for libvirt. :-)

I've given ratings to projects that I thought I had some insight on, but I
would appreciate if everyone could review these and let me know if they're
not accurate.

I'd particularly appreciate it if the people listed below could give
prognoses on the project listed.

Meanings of prognoses:
- Excellent: It would be very unlikely for this not to be finished in time.
- Good: Everything is on track, and is likely to make it.
- Fair: A pretty good chance of making it, but not as certain
- Poor: Likely not to make it unless intervention is made
- Not for 4.3: self-explanatory
[...]
* Allow XSM to override IS_PRIV checks in the hypervisor
   owner: Daniel De Graaf
   status: patches against 4.3-unstable posted, awaiting approval
   prognosis: Good
   This makes it possible to allow some user domains limited access to
   dom0-only hypercalls. This could be used to allow a user-created
   toolstack domain to administer its own set of VMs instead of relying
   on dom0's toolstack.
These patches are now in xen-unstable.

OK, so this is done?  Great!  I'll mark it down.

 -George