Re: [Xen-devel] Need help to debug win7 BSOD on IGD passthrough

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Jan 2013, G.R. wrote:
>> So I've accumulated many local fixes to make intel gpu passthrough work.
>> If you believe they are worthwhile, I'll clean up the fix and submit the
>> patch.
>>
>> List of local fixes:
>> 1. Stefano's intel pch init fix, patch submitted and acked by Stefano.
>> Not sure if accepted && submitted.
>
> I asked Ian to give it a look

Thanks for your boost!

>> 2. Patch for un-aligned OpRegion. Got feedback on security concern.
>> The impact is not yet clear.
>
> Could you please give me a reference to the patch?

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-12/msg01584.html
This is the thread of that patch. I think this need to be enhanced in
ways that magic number avoided.
But more importantly, security concern need to be resolved.
This patch may expose some more address space to accommodate unaligned
OpRegion, we need to figure out what the adjacent address is.
Ross is helping on this.

>> 3. Vendor cap fix.
>
> I went back to the original thread and it looks like I had some simple
> comments but Jean never addressed them.
> If you cared to address the comment and resent the patches to the list,
> then they would have a chance of being applied.

Could you remind me the comments you just mentioned?
The mail archive is kind of messy and I can't easily go through them.

>> Jean && Ross's patch about one year ago, lost in
>> the devel list.
>
> Are you still talking about:
>
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg02755.html
> http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg02754.html

This one is about the chip reset, not the vendor cap.
The vendor cap fix is here:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg01129.html
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-01/msg01128.html
So are you actually talking about the reset fix when you referred to
your comment above?

> ?
> Or are there other patches from Ross and Jean that got lost?
> If so, could you please give me a reference to the patch?
>

>> 4. igfx reset fix. Jean's patch about one year ago, lost in the devel list.
>
> Could you please give me a reference to the patch?

See above.