Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netback notify DomU to send ARP.

On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 01:07 +0000, Jason Luan wrote:
> ä 2013å01æ09æ 00:00, Ian Campbell åé:
> >> In my emulation environment, i unplug it or ifdown the interface,
> > I expect these would behave rather different, since the affect of ifdown
> > looks rather different to an unplug from the PoV of the switch.
> >
> > Is the ifdown case something which you are trying to solve or just what
> > appeared to be a convenient test case? I'd be less inclined to worry
> > about explict admin actions such as that.
> >
> > Unplugging the cable should cause:
> >
> I do above listed thing to let switch active slave only.
> I think that we should put attention on the thing which bond switch
> active slave interface in active-backup mode. In network circumstance,
> many thing will cause the switch, what do Vif when the event happen?

Sorry, I'm having a bit of trouble parsing the above, but are you asking
what the VIF should do when the active slave in the bond changes without
the previously active slave actually failing?

The issue is that traffic will continue to arrive on the now inactive
slave, but will be discarded (the expected behaviour for
Active/Passive)?

Is this something which happens in practice? Does the active slave
change even while it remains a viable path?

Ian.