Re: [Xen-devel] [help] problem with `tools/xenstore/xs.c: xs_talkv()`

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 03:55 +0000, éç wrote:

> Â Â I looked into the functions for logging, in this case, Â`3 = No
> such process` was from `errno` and the ` HYPERVISOR_event_channel_op
> failed: -1 ` was from hypervisor-level
> error(src/xen/common/event_channel.c).
> In my option, that's to say, error number of -1 was caused by
> hypervisor; but what was the error number of 3 caused by, Âdom0?
> Do both the two error numbers refer to the description defined in
> errno.h or else hypervisor has its own error description?

This is just the usual Unix idiom where system calls (and by extension
the ioctl used to make hypercalls) fail by returning -1 (which has no
particular meaning other than "an error occurred") and set errno to
something more specific (3 in this case, indicating ESRCH).

Please see the errno(3) man page.

Ian.

Does the xen hypervisor set the errno to something specific when xen encounter an error?
Where are the hypervisor error descriptors and dom0 error descriptors Âdefined respectively?