Re: [Xen-devel] S3 resume issues

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 03.01.13 at 17:33, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, I've bisected this failure to the following changeset, and CC'ed the
> original author here.
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=xen.git;a=commit;h=67a93c8da5b99374ec02dbbc
> 14a70e01ffdab20c
>
> I'll try reverting this at the tip of the stable-4.2 tree, and see if it
> makes a difference

Another thing for double checking this is really the one would be to
try booting with "no-mce".

Booting this changeset with no-mce makes the failure go away.

Unfortunately, doing the same at the stable-4.2 tip does not.
So - there must be some unintended side effect here, or there are multiple problems causing the same behavior.

> Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

You aren't running Xen with (almost) no memory left to it, are you?

No, xen has plenty of memory