Re: [Xen-devel] Implement 3-level event channel routines in Linux.

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 06:38:54PM +0000, Wei Liu wrote:
> This patch series implements 3-level event channel routines in Linux kernel.
>
> My thought is that 3-level event channel is only useful for Dom0 or driver
> domain, so it is not enabled by default. Enable it with evtchn_level=3 in
> kernel command line.

Could it be enabled dynamically? Say when we are close to exhausting the
amount of channels? Or if the machine has some large amount of memory and
hence would probably allocate many many guests?

I am not really a fan of the kernel command line options for this.

> HVM is not supported at the moment. As it is not very likely it will need
> this.
> And I haven't found a right place to issue the hypercall.
>
> My understaning is that PVH has more or less the same initialization process
> as
> PV, so the current implementation should work for PVH as well. Please correct
> me if I'm wrong.

It uses the HVM mechanism (so vector callback).