Re: [Xen-devel] Only CPU0 active after ACPI S3, xen 4.1.3

On 20.12.2012 20:41, Ben Guthro wrote:
> See if the attached patch helps.
> This was a patch I forgot was still in my queue, that Jan had some
> objections about (though I don't recall specifically what they were)
> I had found that the scheduler was removing all cpus during suspend, and
> this seemed to help with that, IIRC.
>
> That said - I'm starting to be forced to look back into S3 issues, as while
> I thought they were all resolved, they are not.
> I have an Ivybridge laptop that I didn't have back in May that exhibits
> some issues very similar to those that I was trying to solve with Jan in
> the thread I pasted above.
>
> This particular machine goes to sleep, and when it resumes, the disk light
> flashes briefly, and then the sleep led goes back to pulsing.

With this patch applied (on 4.1.4 and 4.3-unstable), I've got original symptom
- only CPU0 active after ACPI S3. Didn't get reboot after few tries.
"xl debug-key r" output attached.
Anyway it looks like bug was introduced somehow between 4.1.2 and 4.1.3 - on
4.1.2 none of above problems happened.

--
Best Regards / Pozdrawiam,
Marek Marczykowski