[Xen-devel] multi-core VMM

  • To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: ZHANG Zhi <zhizhang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 06:20:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-SG, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:54:21 +0000

Hi, list,

A VMM provides a VMCS for each VM. How does the VMM assign system resources for each VM? For example, in a multi-core environment, how can I enable the VMM to run, say, on a two-core intel’s processor while I am able to force a VM to execute only on a specific core upon initializing the Guest OS ? that is to say, how I can assure the VM to believe that there is only one physical core running on this machine?

What should I do? Is it possible to assign a core when VMM starts a new VM after the VMM is booted ?

   Thanks a lot!