[Xen-devel] 2013 Xen event plan's : Call for Input/Action

Hi everybody,

Next Xen Hackathon - vote on date/location needed
I have been working with a still to be disclosed vendor on a Xen Hackathon to be hosted in spring. The following options are on the table
  • Option 1: May 16/17, Dublin, Ireland (preferred by vendor)
  • Option 2: 2 days in February 11-14, Munich - note that FOSDEM is Feb 2 & 3
  • Option 3: 2 days in March 18-22, Munich
Given that we had a Hackathon in Munich already and that I know that quite a few Xen devs (including me) are on vacation in the middle of March, my preference would be option 1. But I still wanted to put this to you to get a community view.

XenSummit EU, Oct 2013
I just signed the contracts to host XenSummit the week of Oct 21-25 at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre. The exact dates are still to be decided. That time coincides with the 10th birthday of Xen depending on how one counts: the 1.0 release was on Oct 2nd 2003, SOSP 2003 where Xen was presented was October 21 2003.

XenSummit US or Asia, April-June 2013
Given that the EU summit is some time away, it would make sense to host a XenSummit in either the US or Asia in late spring or early summer. Time-frame wise I was thinking of April to June, which should fit well with the Xen 4.3 release. The only problem is that there is no bigger event we could co-locate with. So I can only do this at a) significant cost to Xen.org or b) if a vendor in the community who has space to host 100-200 people and is based in the US or Asia would volunteer to provide their premises for a 2 day event. If you work for a vendor who can accomodate us, and you would be interested in hosting, please get in touch with me.

Best Regards
Lars