Re: [Xen-devel] Please ack XENMEM_claim_pages hypercall?

> From: Ian Jackson [mailto:Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Subject: RE: Please ack XENMEM_claim_pages hypercall?
>
> Dan Magenheimer writes ("RE: Please ack XENMEM_claim_pages hypercall?"):
> > From a single-system-xl-toolstack-centric perspective ("paradigm"),
> > I can see your point.
>
> I don't think this is the case.  What you are doing is putting this
> node-specific claim functionality in the hypervisor.  I still think it
> should be done outside the hypervisor.  This does not mean that there
> has to be a single omniscient piece of software for an entire
> cluster.
>
>  <remainder deleted>

Hi Ian --

Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed response.
I realized that I had promised you a complete summary
of the problem and alternate solutions; but then I got
involved in demonstrating and refining a prototype
and failed to deliver.  I had thought the patch
summary would serve that purpose, but now see that it
is not sufficiently comprehensive.

So in an attempt to fulfill my promise and provide
all of the necessary information you may require, I
am in the process of writing up a complete summary
and will send it on a new thread, hopefully later
today (US time).

Dan