Re: [Xen-devel] Only CPU0 active after ACPI S3, xen 4.1.3

On 30.11.2012 10:33, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> After resume from ACPI S3 system has only CPU0 enabled, every vCPU from
>> every
>> domain works on CPU0 [1].  When trying to pin some vCPU to CPU1 got error:
>> xl vcpu-pin testvm 1 1
>> libxl: error: libxl.c:2565:libxl_set_vcpuaffinity setting vcpu affinity:
>> Invalid argument
>>
>> What went wrong? How can I reenable CPU1-CPU3?
>
> According to the "xl dmesg" output you sent, CPU1-3 are all
> online (their presence in the output following "Dumping timer
> queues:" confirms this). So I suppose you will need to go do
> some debugging to find out where and why the set-affinity
> operation fails, and/or why the scheduler puts everything on
> a single pCPU (if it really does, the output of "xl vcpu-list" is
> only a hint towards that). Rather than using 'c', 'r' might have
> been the more useful debug key.

That was the rare case when resume worked at all... in most cased I've got
reboot, before anything appear on the screen (even backlight is off) - xen
panic? dom0 kernel panic?
I've already rebooted the system, will try above debug key next time.

I don't have serial console, but have USB-to-serial port - is it possible to
use it as xen console (in xen 4.1.3)?

--
Best Regards / Pozdrawiam,
Marek Marczykowski