Re: [Xen-devel] compound skb frag pages appearing in start_xmit

On 2012-11-20 19:36, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 09:21 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 08:30 +0000, Stefan Bader wrote:
When I tried to rebase my persistent grant netfront/netback patch on
latest kernel, netperf/netserver test never succeeded. I did some test
to find out that v3.6-rc7 works fine, but v3.7-rc1, v3.7-rc2 and
v3.7-rc4 does not succeed in netperf/netserver test. So I keep my
persistent grant patch only based on v3.4-rc3 now.
Konrad thought about commit 6a8ed462f16b8455eec5ae00eb6014159a6721f0 in
v3.7-rc1, and suggested me to test your debug patch in netfront. This
BUG_ON happens soon after running the netperf/netserver test case.
Thanks
Annie
Is there any progression with this bug (rc6 is out the door, so the
release of 3.7-final seems to be eminent and this bug completely
cripples any networking with guests) ?
+1 on that. I was testing yesterday with a PVM domU running 3.7-rc5 on Xen 4.2
(but also reported from EC2 running Xen 3.4.3) c with one VCPU. I actually can
trigger it by just ssh'ing into the domU (from another machine) and then run
"find /". Output starts to stutter and then stops completely. When this happens
a new connection still can be made and as long as only shorter output is
generated the ssh connection is ok. From a dump taken it looks like user-space
is waiting in some select call (without any warnon I rather won't see the tx
path).
Annie, are you still looking into this or shall I?
I'll assume that silence == No. Will post a patch shortly.
Sorry for the delay response, I did create a patch, but did not post it out in time.

Thanks
Annie
Ian.