Re: [Xen-devel] xen EFI boot and vga-passthrough

  • To: Laszlo Ersek <lersek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:36:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: da-DK, en-US
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:36:31 +0000

I will have to try to install windows 8 when I have time then.

Just compared a log file from efi boot to one from MBR boot and found this
discrepancy between the two:
pt_register_regions: IO region registered (size=0x00400000
base_addr=0xdfc00004) - MBR boot see last addr       0xdfc00004
pt_register_regions: IO region registered (size=0x00400000
base_addr=0xf7000004) - EFI boot compare to MBR      0xf7000004
Can UEFI explain this discrepancy in base_addr?
It is admittedly the first portion of memory on the graphic card and is 4M in
size, so I suspect it is the vga-bios.
And if it should not be present when boot through UEFI I will happily live with
the error, if windows 8 can boot.