Re: [Xen-devel] preparing for 4.2.1 and 4.1.4

>>> On 30.10.12 at 14:29, Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 29, Jan Beulich wrote:
>
>> with the aim of getting both stable releases out the door in the
>> second half of November, please check the respective branches
>> for backports of bug fixes in -unstable that you think would
>> validly belong into those trees (an initial backport of some tools
>> side patches is known to be still missing).
>
> What about these tools patches for 4.2.1?

Tools patches get taken care of by IanJ (i.e. you should
probably have Cc-ed him) , but first of all - did you check what
is in 4.2-staging already (seems to me you didn't)?

Stubdom ones I'm not sure about - Ian, Ian?

> The first one is also important for 4.1.4.
>
> changeset:   26079:b3b03536789a
> hotplug/Linux: close lockfd after lock attempt
>

> changeset:   25941:795c493fe561
> pygrub: always append --args
> changeset:   26018:ecc7627ca6d7
> pygrub: correct typo in --args assignment
>

> changeset:   26006:8b6870d686d6
> hotplug/Linux: Remove tracing (bash -x) from network-nat script
>
> changeset:   26007:fe756682cc7f
> xenballoond.init: remove 4 from default runlevel
>
> changeset:   26008:eecb528583d7
> xend/pvscsi: fix passing of SCSI control LUNs
> changeset:   26009:2dbfa4d2e107
> xend/pvscsi: fix usage of persistant device names for SCSI devices
> changeset:   26010:cff10030c6ea
> xend/pvscsi: update sysfs parser for Linux 3.0
>
> changeset:   26011:b6fb4e63b946
> stubdom: fix parallel build by expanding CROSS_MAKE
>
> changeset:   26077:33348baecf37
> stubdom: fix compile errors in grub
>
> changeset:   26081:02064298ebcb
> stubdom: fix rpmlint warning spurious-executable-perm
>
> changeset:   26082:8cf26ace9ca0
> blktap2/libvhd: fix rpmlint warning spurious-executable-perm
>
> changeset:   26083:3fbeb019d522
> blktap: fix rpmlint warning spurious-executable-perm
>
> changeset:   26084:fe9a0eb9aaaa
> hotplug: install hotplugpath.sh as data file
>
> changeset:   26085:e32f4301f384
> stubdom: install stubdompath.sh as data file
>
> changeset:   26086:ba6b1db89ec8
> hotplug/Linux: correct sysconfig tag in xendomains
>
> changeset:   26087:6239ace16749
> hotplug/Linux: install sysconfig files as data files
>

> There are also two other HVM related patches, nice to have:
>
> changeset:   26108:79185dcdf558
> hvmloader: Reserve FE700000-FE800000 in physical memory map for guest use.

Isn't this just cosmetic?

> changeset:   26093:4ae08ca5500f
> hvm: handle PoD and grant pages in HVMOP_get_mem_type

This one even made it out of staging already (on both 4.2 and
4.1).

Jan