[Xen-devel] xend running on EL5

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get my Xen 4.2 RPMs to build on both EL5 and EL6 systems. I'm just about there but I've noticed one issue which I'm not 100% sure of the best way to resolve.

/usr/sbin/xend is a simple python launcher that runs fine as is on EL6, but in EL5 it comes up with:

# service xend start
Starting xend daemon: Unknown option: -s
Unknown option: -s
usage: /usr/bin/python [option] ... [-c cmd | -m mod | file | -] [arg] ...
Try `python -h' for more information.

The standard hashbang line for xend is:
#!/usr/bin/python -Es

EL5 seems to run python 2.4.3 which doesn't have the -s option.

So, what would be the best way to work around this?

I could patch out the -s when building the RPMs, however would that have any effect on EL6 systems?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.crc.id.au