Re: [Xen-devel] Is: Contention in block script when doing guest saving. Was:Re: an issue with 'xm save'

On 2012-09-28 22:14, Ian Jackson wrote:
Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Is: Contention in block script when doing guest
saving. Was:Re: [Xen-devel] an issue with 'xm save'"):
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 06:34:51PM +0800, Zhenzhong Duan wrote:
After replace locking.sh with OVM's, it worked.
But xen-tools evolved to use flock based locking currently. We can't
revert back.
It seems changeset 25595:497e2fe49455 bring the issue.
Finally, I came with a small patch that workaround the issue.
Ian, any thoughts on how this can be fixed properly? The locking
is quite heavy and causes two scripts that do deal with blocks
to spin for a long time.
The algorithm is not supposed to spin.  If it spins there is a bug, I
think.

Can you show me a transcript of the spinning happening with "set -x"
in force ?
Hi Ian,
Attachment is part of xen-hotplug.log that will show the spin.
Original file is nearly 7G big. I fetch first 1000 lines.

Below is steps I did:
1. delete xen-hotplug.log
2. reboot dom0
3. add "set -x" to head of block script.
4.create first PV guest
5. save guest
6. get first 1000 lines from xen-hotplug.log

thanks
zduan