Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] Success VGA passthrough on windows 7 x64 with Xen 4.2.1-pre

> Dear Dariusz Krempa,
>
> I am also interested in knowing how you get the "nasty yellow triangle with
> error 43" to disappear.
>
> In addition, may I know which guide did you follow in getting VGA
> passthrough to work 100%?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> --
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
> Singapore

I started with guide from You dated 25 march 2012 to build Dom0 and
Xen 4.2, but with few modifications this time.
1) I used kernel 3.6-rc7 for Dom0 -->
http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/testing/linux-3.6-rc7.tar.bz2
2) I used Xen from http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/staging/xen-unstable.hg/
3) VGA patch from David's Gis rev 25240
4) I used pciback to hide my gtx560 from Dom0, and for a while i have
had second gfx - hd4850, but now i removed it and i have only gtx560,
still working

and finally I think I know what make that error 43 disappeared. At
first I did comment those lines in DomU config:

#pci_msitranslate = 1
#pci_power_mgmt = 1
#xen_platform_pci=1
#xen_extended_power_mgmt=1

When i had success with installation i start to remove comments and
the one which is nasty is pci_msitranslate. This make some other
problems, like not working USB ports, but ...

If any other information will be needed please let me know.

Hardware:
asus P8H67
asus GTX560 DCII top
4GB ram

System:
ubuntu 12.04
Dom0 kernel 3.6-rc7
DomU windows 7 x64
nvidia drivers 275.33 - but possibly 275.50 also will work