[Xen-devel] How could Xen know a certain GuestOS have already shutdown?

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Bruce Granger <vivagin@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:23:34 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 07:46:46 +0000

Hi everyone! This is probably a familiar problem, but I haven't found anything in the archives or from google yet. I also talked with my parterners but we haven't got a sure conclusion. Recently Iâm caring about a question about shutdown operation: When we shutdown a GuestOS by giving the command in its terminal, how can hypervisor get to know that this GuestOS is about to shutdown and How can hypervisor know that GuestOS has already done the work of shutdown? In other word, is there any signal or something else that GuestOS deliver to hypervisor to notice that it will shutdown or it has accomplished its shutdown work? Does anyone know the detailed process? Thanks for your help!

Sent from the Xen - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.