Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:18 PM, Philipp Hahn <hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wednesday 19 September 2012 18:58:02 George Dunlap wrote:
>> * libvirt integration
>>   owner: ?
>>   status: ?
>>   To begin with, we need someone to go and make some lists:
>>   - Features available in libvirt/KVM not available in libvirt/Xen
>>   - Features available in xl/Xen but not available in libvirt/Xen
>
> Libvirt already has a comparison matrix at
> <http://libvirt.org/hvsupport.html>. That file is actually generated from by
> docs/hvsupport.pl by looking at the implemented functions.

Ah, very interesting -- so "libxl" is the one we particularly care
about.  "Xen" is presumably "xm"?  Would KVM fall under "qemu"?

I guess the next step would be for someone to go through and identify
user-level features that would be enabled by the various functions, so
that we can figure out which functions are important to us.

 -George