Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0-rc4 issues with DVB tuner

>>> All right, I can try that. However, the problem happens without any
>>> domU running, just
>>> the dom0. Do you still think that pinning to a cpu core or setting
>>> affinities can help?
>>
>> I haven't followed the thread closely, but are you sure the device works OK
>> on baremetal (linux without xen) ?
>> If you have problems in dom0 it seems it hasn't got much to do with
>> passthrough ?

> You are right, I havenÂt reached the point of trying to passthrough it
> to a domU.

> IÂm sure the device works fine on bare metal. I have it working on an
> HTPC which makes 2-3
> recordings per day, without issues.

But that is a different machine, but with the same card ?
If that's right it would also try baremetal first on the same machine and card
you are trying to get it to work with xen.

> On the linux media mailing list I was said this problem was common
> with all tuner cards,
> more generally with any card which generates lots of interruptions and
> that I should better
> forget about it.

Hmm that's a quite standard answer for not standard cases :-)

I have and have had multiple devices passed through, and it's working quite
good, sound card, a analog tv tuner and a 8 channel dvr card.

Since it's a DVB card, i'm also wondering on what resolution you are trying to
grab video, perhaps first try it on a quite low resolution (requiring less
throughput and processing power), and if you are trying to transcode stuff
directly.

--
Sander