Re: [Xen-devel] xen on illumos(OpenSolaris) based platform

  • To: Andrew Warkentin <andreww591@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Igor Kozhukhov <ikozhukhov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:48:38 +0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:49:03 +0000

NCP3 have old kernel - ON134 build.

DilOS based on illumos.

But these systems have Debian package manager - dpkg+apt.

I have updates for DPKG+APT for DilOS - added '-R' flag for more friendly
with IPS, added zones support.

We can install new packages to another root.

Example:
apt-get -R /<mount> install pkg [pkg1 pkg2 pkg3]

IPS:
pkg -R /<mount> install pkg [pkg1 pkg2 pkg3]

And I have updates for solaris zones.

New DilOS 1.1a2 will have packages with xen-3.4.4 and will be released Sep
18.
If you want - you can try.

---
Best regards,