Re: [Xen-devel] Clang/LLVM version requirements

At 17:15 +0100 on 13 Sep (1347556552), Ian Jackson wrote:
> Stefano Stabellini writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Clang/LLVM version requirements"):
> > On Tue, 11 Sep 2012, Jeffrey Karrels wrote:
> > > [builder@xenbuild1 xen-unstable]$ /usr/local/bin/clang -v
> > > clang version 3.2 (trunk 163631)
> > > Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> > > Thread model: posix
> > >
> > > After that I applied the patch that Tim previously posted and tried
> > > another make. The xen build succeeded.
> >
> > time to add a clang build target to the test system?
>
> This should be fairly straightforward.
>
> What do I need to do on an amd64 Debian squeeze system to build with
> clang ?

You need clang 3.0-6, which is in wheezy but not squeeze.  Then just
"make dist-xen clang=y".

The tools don't build with clang, only Xen.
I presume that if we want to build the tools with clang in future it
would be done with autofoo rather than clang=y.

Cheers,

Tim.