Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 RC4 test on Debian

On 09/10/2012 05:23 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:

# service xen start
Not running within Xen or no compatible utils ... (warning).

The xen initscript is part of the Debian packaging, which is leftover
due to your use of force above.

It's part of xen-utils-common, which is not installed on my system anymore.

I used to have xen from the debian repositories installed, which I uninstalled as the instructions said. It's possible it didn't remove all files.

In any case, I fixed the Python path problem and starting with xencommons works correctly.

One of my VMs has however disappeared. The others migrated successfully.

The xen supplied script is called "xencommons".

Doesn't seem to work terribly well, and I cannot find any instructions
on how to fix those problems.

I suspect they mostly stem from you forcing the package manager to do
something it didn't want to.

I only forced it to erase /usr/lib/libxenstore.so.3.0.0

I'm afraid that bug reports arising from a system which has had this
done to it are of rather low value.

This is not a bug report. Just a user trying to use what will likely become a release.