Re: [Xen-devel] Xen4.2 S3 regression?

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Ben Guthro <ben@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This is getting reasonably in depth to be off-list.
>
> You really should CC xen-devel for these kinds of things.

> <snip>

>> Damn it. It is a 3.3 tree and I need drivers introduced in 3.4 and I
>> also use bcache
>> which right now has a 3.2 stable version, a 3.5 not so stable and the
>> devel branch.

> Take the top 3 commits by Konrad & apply them as a patch. It should be
> sufficient....but you'll still run into issues with S3 on Xen, related
> to MSI delivery...if it resumes at all. There are clearly still
> hypervisor issues - so you seem to be jumping to some conclusions here
> with workarounds that I'm not sure are going to get you anywhere.

I've tried the top two commits from Konrad's acpi-s3.v10 branch merged on
top of kernel 3.5.3. The third commit was already merged.

I've tried it from work and I believe it suspends fine, but there is
some problem
during resume since the machine responded to a ping for a second and then
rebooted.

The only error I have on the logs is:

(XEN) memory.c:131:d0 Could not allocate order=18 extent: id=5
memflags=0 (0 of 1)
(XEN) sh error: sh_remove_all_mappings(): can't find all mappings of
mfn 270d05: c=c000000000000002 t=7400000000000001

I don't know whether that's enough to make resume from S3 fail or it's
something else.
When I'm at home I'll see if I can dig further.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>