Re: [Xen-devel] Using debug-key 'o: Dump IOMMU p2m table, locks up machine

>>> On 03.09.12 at 10:33, Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Monday, September 3, 2012, 10:21:04 AM, you wrote:
>> This one
>
>>>(XEN) [2012-09-02 00:55:02] traps.c:3156: GPF (0060): ffff82c48015c9ee ->
> ffff82c480224b13
>
>> also worries me. While Xen gracefully recovers from it, these
>> messages still generally indicate a problem somewhere. Could
>> you resolve the addresses to file:line tuples? And, assuming
>> this happens in the context of doing something on behalf of
>> the guest in the context of a guest vCPU, could you also
>> check what guest side action triggers this (e.g. by adding a
>> call to show_execution_state() alongside the printing of the
>> message)?
>
> If you could elaborate a bit abouw HOW :-)

I assume this refers to the first question above only (as I
assume adding the indicated function call at the right place
wouldn't be a big deal for you)?

I think people generally use addr2line for this; I normally simply
disassemble xen-syms, and then do a manual lookup (so if you
have the very xen-syms still around, just making that one
accessible would also do), as in many cases (having full
register/stack dumps at hand) understanding which variables/
expressions register values correspond to would make this
necessary anyway.

> From what i recall i also had these since some time on xen 4.1 too. Probably
> a kernel thing, in about 3.5 or 3.6 is my estimation, will see if i can find
> out some more today or tomorrow.

Thanks, Jan